Category Archives: Delices & Gourmandises French dishes
Trout, grayling, whitefish and salmon… these are the kind of fish seafood gourmet would easily fall with. Healthy and flavorful dish, Salmon is easy to prepare and widely available. Here is the full recipe for Delices and Gourmandises Salmon with sorrel sauce, make your own delicious salmon.
Delices Gourmandises Ingredients
½ cup pecan halves
1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
1 ½ teaspoons dried tarragon
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
24 ounces salmon fillets (4 6-ounce fillets)
1 cup packed chopped fresh sorrel
¼ cup white wine
1 ½ teaspoons minced shallot
1 cup heavy cream
¼ finely ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a food processor, pulse pecans, tarragon and basil. Blend in butter and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before using.
3. Mist a large baking sheet with olive oil spray. Place salmon on sheet. Spoon equal amount of nut mixture over top of each fillet. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
For Sauce :
1. In a small saucepan, combine sorrel, wine and shallot. Cook until wine is reduced by half ( for 3 minutes)
2. Add cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes until reduced to sauce consistency.
3. Transfer to blender until fairly smooth. Return to saucepan on low heat.
4. To serve, lap sauce over each fillet.
The history of the famous dish known as “Cassoulet” comes from the autonomous community of Spain “Catalonia” associated with the history of Languedoc. Catalonia is bordered by France to the north, the reason why Cassoulet, as a traditional dish, became popular in the south region of France, and obviously in Carcassone. Yet, it has been said that it is originated from Arabs cuisine since beans were first introduced as Arabic products in Spain.
Delices & Gourmandises selection of French dishes
The word “Cassoulet” derived from the Old Provencal cassa or cassolo, meaning pan or casserole in French, is a French stew made with meat typically pork, goose, duck and beans. Almost British people enjoy Cassoulet and the most appreciated recipe for it remains the one with Duck Confit. If you make researches you will probably find thousands of recipes; however for those who do not want to spend hours in the kitchen, Delices & Gourmandises offer large selection of French dishes meticulously cooked respecting traditional and regional recipes.
Beef bourguignon, rabbit stew with prunes as well as Cassoulet with Duck Confit, Delices & Gourmandises offer high-quality ready-to-eat meals prepares strictly respecting hygiene and security standards. Best serve for dinner or during weekend with family, Delices & Gourmandises flavorful meals are ready to be savored and will allow you to do a real gastronomic Tour de France. Don’t wait for another day to send your order!