Category Archives: recipes
If you want to make sure that your meal for Saint Valentine’s Day will be a success, you can follow these Delices and Gourmandises good advices to help you to choose the wines you will serve to your valentine.
The basics by Delices and Gourmandises
Before the recommendation for choosing the best wines that would fit your meals, one of the best advices that can be given to you by Delices and Gourmandises is that anticipating is the best way to avoid a catastrophe during the meal.
As it is easier to heat a wine than to chill it, think about the best serving temperature for each wine you will propose : champagne is best between 7°C and 11°C, a fine wine between 9°C and 12°, a red wine between 14°C and 17°C abd white wine between 8°C and 13°C.
Keep also in mind that as the meal goes on, the palate and the rain are less sensible. So you’d better serve the best ones at the beginning of the meal and keep the simple ones for the end.
Delices and Gourmandises wine suggestions
It is not very easy to suggest wine when you do not know what the meal is made of. The Delices and Gourmandises catalog bets on the wines produced by the little vineyards that smells the passion of winery and the French terroir.
For the opening if the meals, nothing is better than the fruity taste of aperitifs as the Pêche et Abricot or the Figue et Noix that would perfectly accompany a dish of foie gras.
With red meats, you can choose within the range of red wines as the Côtes du Rhône like the Domaine de Lascamp, or, for those who prefer Bordeaux wines, the Château La Vinata that is perfect for holyday meals.
And for the best meal end, opt for the brut sparkling wine Mon bijou.
Delices and Gourmandises presents to you the history that led to the discovery of this knot looking pastry called pretzel.
Where does the pretzel come from?
Historians claim that pretzel comes from Germany. It was invented in 1477 by a baker sentenced to death at the time. To be free, he had to create a bread through which the sun would shine three times.
Through the years, pretzel has become a very popular pastry in Europe, giving birth to other original recipes using bacon, onions, and cheese. However, the bretzel we all know has well defined characteristics. It has a twisted form and could be either salted or sweet. It pairs perfectly with hot or cold drinks. How is a pretzel prepared though? Here is the recipe presented to you by Delices and Gourmandises.
Pretzel recipe by Delices and Gourmandises
The recipes can differ depending on how you like your pretzels. As a matter of fact, pretzels can be hard or soft, salted or sweet. As far as ingredients, you will need flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, milk, baking soda and egg yolks. Of course, you can always use almonds, chocolate, or any other condiment in order to boost the taste of your pretzel.
Use the palms of your hands to design the twisted form of pretzels. The paste should be about 55 to 60 cm long. Also, it should take about 15 minute to cook a pretzel.
You have the need to get some bretzels now? You can browse through Delices and Gourmandises’ catalog to see the products we have.
Here is an easy and fast to prepare Butter pistachio cake recipe presented to you by Delices and Gourmandises.
The story behind butter cakes
Butter cakes have become a classic snack since the recipe was invented in the region of Lorraine. We at Delices and Gourmandises believe that sometime in XVIII century, The Marquise Perrotin De Baumont’s cook was ordered to prepare small cakes intended to be served at a cocktail party. She decided to use a recipe she learnt from her grand-mother by molding the cakes inside scallops. The success of this shell looking cake led it to bear the name of Madeleine Paulmier, who invented it.
Some advices from Delices and Gourmandises when you prepare your Butter Pistchio cakes
To prepare cakes to serve at least 4 people, you will need:
– 4 eggs
– 50gr butter
– 110gr flour
– 85gr sugar
– 1/2 bag of baking powder
– 1 spoon of pistachio paste
– 1 spoon of honey or 1 lemon
Preheat your oven to 240C. Then, mix the eggs, sugar, honey, and the lemon zest directly in a big bowl. After that, add flour and baking powder to the mixture. Soften the butter before you add it to the mixture. End the paste preparation by adding pistachio paste to it. Once you get a homogenous mixture, you should have a slightly green color.
In order to get a crispy texture, you can crush some pistachio and add them to the paste. Next, all you need to do is fill the butter cake baking pans or scallops and put them in the oven for about 10 minutes. If you want your butter cakes to have a nice volume, Delices and Gourmandises suggests you leave your paste in the baking pans for 5 minutes before you put them in the oven. Wait a couple minutes after you take them out of the oven before trying the cakes if you want the best taste.
Remember, you will only need about 20 minutes to prepare pistachio butter cakes. For some reason, if you are not able to prepare your own butter cakes, you can always order at Delices and Gourmandises.
You are fond of Delices and Gourmandises’ apple tartlets and always need to have some for dessert or tea time? You can order them anytime on our website and we will ensure door delivery with great pleasure. However, when you have unexpected guests, schedule might be very tight. The solution: bake them yourself following this very simple recipe!
A fine, golden pastry, garnished with generous chunks of apple and sprinkled with a few grains of sugar.
Find the authentic taste of apple tartlets
Like all Delices and Gourmandises’ products, its apple tartlets are elaborated following the traditional recipe and using fresh, healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds with no risk for your health or your weight!
For 6 people, you will need:
For the pastry:
– 300 g flour
– 125 g butter
– 1 tablespoon oil soup (to fill molds without greasing and make the dough crispier)
– 5 or 6 apples
– 1 dl water
Start with the dough
– Mix the flour, butter, oil and water in a bowl.
– Roll out the pastry and line 6 tart pans.
– Prick the dough with fork and place the molds in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
For the filling:
– Peel the apples and cut them into strips.
– Arrange them in tight rosettes on the dough. If you prefer, you can make them melt by cooking them quickly in a pan with a tablespoon of water and some sugar.
– Finish by sprinkling granulated sugar.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 ° C, thermostat 6-7.
It’s time to get cooking. In your hot oven, bake your pies for 15 to 25 minutes until they turn to a nice blond color. If the top browns too quickly while baking, cover with an aluminum foil.
In forty-five short minutes in total, you will have delicious tartlets, as golden and crispy as Delices and Gourmandises’. Whether eaten hot or cold, they are ideal for dessert or to accompany a cup of tea.
A milk-almond mix is one of the best ways to appreciate the taste of chocolate. Délices & Gourmandises offers you the possibility of making your own bars home with this recipe.
The origin of chocolate and chocolate bars
The first chocolate beverages were served in Honduras about 4000 years ago and cocoa beans have been used as money for ages in Central America. The first European person to taste it was Hernan Cortez to whom the Aztecs served a red bitter and spicy beverage when they took him for their god Quetzalcoatl, in 1519. Chocolate was introduced in Europe (in Spain) in 1528 and was always served as a hot beverage until the middle of the 19th century.
The first chocolate bar was created by Berwaerts in 1849. The recipes have been modified over time and many ingredients have been added to vary the taste of the bars as almonds, nuts, truffles, milk, crisped rice, hazelnuts or candied fruits.
Délices et Gourmandises presents you its milk-almond chocolate bar
You will need:
– 60 gr sugar
– 25 gr powdered milk
– 40 gr cocoa butter
– 200 gr cocoa mass
– 60 gr ground almonds
– Vanilla extract
An emulsifier can be used as sunflower lecithin. That will help the mixture to be perfectly homogeneous.
Put all the ingredients in a pan and let cook at mild heat. Don’t stop stirring until the mixture become homogeneous. Pour the mixture into a mold and let chill in the fridge.
You can also opt for a very simple recipe. Just buy a milk chocolate bar and almond (powdered or chopped). You will just have to let the chocolate melt in a pan at mild heat or in bain-marie in a bowl and pour the mixture in a mold. For varying the presentation, you can use many little molds of different forms. Once the molds filled, put them into the fridge to chill the chocolate and congeal it.
Here is an easy to follow brownie recipe proposed by Délices & Gourmandises if you would like to please your loved ones during relax time. This tasty pastry loved by kids only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
A chocolate cake invented in the XIX° century
Brownie was invented in 1893 by a Chicago restaurant chef. It has since then become a very popular pastry in the US and Canada. The traditional recipe contains walnut pieces but it is still possible to prepare a good brownie without walnuts.
4 people serving ingredients
• 100 gr (1 cup) unbleached flour (if possible)
• 150 gr (2/3 cup) dark baking chocolate
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 150 gr (2/3 cup) butter
• 2 pinches salt
• 100 gr (1 cup) walnuts
How to prepare a Brownie?
• Preheat oven to 180°C (380°F)
• Chop the dark baking chocolate
• Butter and line the bottom of a square cake pan with a baking paper
• Melt the dark baking chocolate pieces and the butter in a double boiler
• In the meantime, beat the eggs, the sugar, the brown sugar, and the salt in a bowl. When the mixture is smooth, pour the warm chocolate cream into it.
• Add chopped walnuts and flour into the mixture and make sure to stir it well with a spatula.
• Pour the mixture in the cake pan and put it in the oven for 25 minutes
• Use a thin bladed knife to check your cooking. Stop when you see clumps forming on the blade.
• Let it cool and unmold gently before cutting the cake into multiple square pieces
This kind of pastry can be served with fruity taste loukoums (banana, orange, lemon, strawberry…) and treats as well as candies that can be ordered through Délices & Gourmandises.
Nothing smells tastier than a nice cake that gently bakes inside the oven. You can also have your guests this delightful pastry by following an easy to make cake recipe.
Délices & Gourmandises’ tasty cake recipe
Ingredients for 4-5 gourmands:
– 250 gr of sifted flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 big very ripe orange
– 3 eggs
– About 16 ml of milk (2 tbsp.).
– 100 gr of butter
– 80 gr of sugar
Beat eggs and sugar with a whisk in a bowl until you get a homogeneous and quite firm mixture. Melt the butter over low heat and let cool then add to the previous mixture.
Add flour and baking powder and continue beating until the dough is smooth.
Collect the orange zest then press it to get the juice.
Blanch the orange zest in boiling water, then dry and add to the dough. No needs to put all of it, few grams are more than enough.
Preheat oven to thermostat 6 or 7 (about 180°C to 190°C).
Once the oven is hot, butter a loaf pan and pour the batter into it. Place in oven and cook for 15-20 min.
The cake is cooked when a knife put into it comes out clean.
While the cake is cooking, prepare syrup. Take the orange juice and add sugar to your convenience and let the mixture reduce over low heat. The syrup has to thicken while remaining quite liquid.
Once the cake is baked, let it cool then gently pour the syrup over the top and let the cake absorb it for about twenty minutes.
Tips from Délices & Gourmandises’ pastry chefs
A common mistake of beginners is making dough too liquid. The perfect cake dough has a firm texture; it should not pour easily into the mold, but requires to be pushed through a spatula.
Have you ever tasted dietary pralines sold by Delices and Gourmandises ? If yes, you know how hard it is to do without it ! So when you have no more left and can’t wait for your next order to be delivered from your favorite online sweets store, here’s the recipe that will help you prepare these exquisite delicacies by your own.
Enjoy the dietary pralines’ authentic taste
Just like all products available on Delices and Gourmandises’s website, its dietary pralines are prepared using fresh and healthy ingredients and following the traditional recipe, to give them their authentic taste.
To prepare your chocolates, you will need :
– For molding: 400 grams of each type of chocolate (white, dark, milk)
– For the filling: 125gr butter, 125gr fondant, 125 gr hazelnut or praline paste
Preparing chocolate for molding :
– Melt separately the three types of chocolate in a bain-marie (maximum 45 ° in order not to change the taste) and let same cool for a while.
Preparing the filling :
– Mix all ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Making the praline :
– Line the bottom and sides of the praline molds with a thick, even layer. Then put it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes to harden the shells. If necessary, add another layer and refrigerate again.
– Using a pastry bag, stuff each shell with the filling, ensuring to let 2mm free to close it and prevent it from breaking during the removal.
– Close the shell with a layer of chocolate and carefully smooth the surface.
– Put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but if you’re not in a hurry, overnight is ideal for easy removal.
It’s that simple to get delicious dietary pralines! And if you’ve missed (everyone cannot be expert at cooking, unfortunately!), Delices and Gourmandises’s team will be most happy to receive your orders!
These delicious Belgian chocolates, flavored with Cointreau, mocha, praline or Amaretto, are sugar free. So you can enjoy them without complex!
Trout, grayling, whitefish and salmon… these are the kind of fish seafood gourmet would easily fall with. Healthy and flavorful dish, Salmon is easy to prepare and widely available. Here is the full recipe for Delices and Gourmandises Salmon with sorrel sauce, make your own delicious salmon.
Delices Gourmandises Ingredients
½ cup pecan halves
1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
1 ½ teaspoons dried tarragon
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
24 ounces salmon fillets (4 6-ounce fillets)
1 cup packed chopped fresh sorrel
¼ cup white wine
1 ½ teaspoons minced shallot
1 cup heavy cream
¼ finely ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a food processor, pulse pecans, tarragon and basil. Blend in butter and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before using.
3. Mist a large baking sheet with olive oil spray. Place salmon on sheet. Spoon equal amount of nut mixture over top of each fillet. Bake 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
For Sauce :
1. In a small saucepan, combine sorrel, wine and shallot. Cook until wine is reduced by half ( for 3 minutes)
2. Add cream, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes until reduced to sauce consistency.
3. Transfer to blender until fairly smooth. Return to saucepan on low heat.
4. To serve, lap sauce over each fillet.
Usually made with chocolate, chocolate cake remains one of the mostly eaten cakes of today with different shapes and sizes. For birthdays or any celebrations, Delices & Gourmandises chocolate cake is a real delight and is available from now on. For those who want to learn how to make the best chocolate cake ever, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. Don’t forget the chocolate frosting step and good luck!
All the ingredients you need for Delices Gourmandises chocolate cake
¾ cups cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
2 extra-large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter two-9inch cake pans (butter and flour the pans).
2. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix at a low speed with a paddle attachment until combined well.
3. Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed. Reduce speed and add the coffee scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes (You can use either a toothpick or a cake tester to check if the cake is done or not)
5. When the cake is properly done, remove from the oven and cool completely for 30 minutes.
Chocolate Frosting ingredients
1. Cream the butter in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Sift together the confectioners’ sugar and cocoa. Alternately add milk, beating to spread consistency. Blend the mixture alternately with the cream.
3. Stir in Vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. (To reach the desired consistency, you can add more cream)