Delices and Gourmandises’s all-butter palmier biscuit
Did you ever try Delices and Gourmandises’ all-butter palmier biscuits? If not, we strongly recommend you to order them anytime on our website for dessert or tea time, we will ensure door delivery with great pleasure. However, if you have unexpected guests, schedule might be very tight to get your parcel on time. The solution: bake them yourself following this very simple, but tasty recipe!
The secret of traditional all-butter palmier biscuit
Like all Delices and Gourmandises’ pastries, its all-butter palmier biscuits are elaborated according to the traditional recipe and using exclusively fresh, healthy ingredients to delight your taste buds with no risk for your health or your weight! Just follow the instructions written by our confectioners and artisans.
2 ingredients are all that you need:
– Puff pastry completely defrosted
– Lots of granulated sugar
– Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of sugar over your workstation.
– Roll out the puff pastry to about 15×12 inches.
– Using a pastry brush or spoon, spread the sugar to evenly coat the surface of the dough.
– Starting at the long ends of the rectangle, gently roll each side inward until they meet in the middle.
– Let the dough chill in the fridge for 30 min at least.
– After the chilling, preheat oven to 400°F.
– Starting at one end, cut off pieces of the log, in slices about 1/2 inch in thickness.
– Press gently the two sides together to make sure that they don’t unroll during baking.
– Dip each side of each biscuit into sugar, shaking off the excess.
– Place the biscuits on a parchment paper lined sheet pan, at least 2 inches apart as they will increase size dramatically.
– Place the biscuits in hot oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
– Remove them from the baking sheet and serve them warm or let cool for 10 minutes.
It’s that easy to get these delicious all-butter palmier biscuits, as golden and crispy as Delices and Gourmandises’. To end a meal or with after dinner espresso, coffee or tea, these delightful soft pastries will treat both young and old.