Brownies recipe by Délices & Gourmandises
Here is an easy to follow brownie recipe proposed by Délices & Gourmandises if you would like to please your loved ones during relax time. This tasty pastry loved by kids only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
A chocolate cake invented in the XIX° century
Brownie was invented in 1893 by a Chicago restaurant chef. It has since then become a very popular pastry in the US and Canada. The traditional recipe contains walnut pieces but it is still possible to prepare a good brownie without walnuts.
4 people serving ingredients
• 100 gr (1 cup) unbleached flour (if possible)
• 150 gr (2/3 cup) dark baking chocolate
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 150 gr (2/3 cup) butter
• 2 pinches salt
• 100 gr (1 cup) walnuts
How to prepare a Brownie?
• Preheat oven to 180°C (380°F)
• Chop the dark baking chocolate
• Butter and line the bottom of a square cake pan with a baking paper
• Melt the dark baking chocolate pieces and the butter in a double boiler
• In the meantime, beat the eggs, the sugar, the brown sugar, and the salt in a bowl. When the mixture is smooth, pour the warm chocolate cream into it.
• Add chopped walnuts and flour into the mixture and make sure to stir it well with a spatula.
• Pour the mixture in the cake pan and put it in the oven for 25 minutes
• Use a thin bladed knife to check your cooking. Stop when you see clumps forming on the blade.
• Let it cool and unmold gently before cutting the cake into multiple square pieces
This kind of pastry can be served with fruity taste loukoums (banana, orange, lemon, strawberry…) and treats as well as candies that can be ordered through Délices & Gourmandises.