Delices and Gourmandises : How to bake and taste butter cookies
Posted by Delices and Gourmandises
For melting moments with our family and friends, share these exquisite butter cookies of Delices and Gourmandises. After the first bite, none of your guests will be able to stop eating, so make sure to prepare large quantities otherwise your tray will be empty within minutes!
Here’s the secret of traditional butter cookies
To get perfect butter cookies that literally melt in mouth, just follow Delices and Gourmandises’ authentic and easy recipe. And in case you’re lacking time, you can order some 24/7, it will be door delivered very quickly.
Ingredients for 4 dozen cookies:
– 8 ounces unsalted butter
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1 large egg yolk
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– Line your baking sheets with parchment.
– Preheat the oven to 325°F.
– Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
– Mix in the egg yolk until well incorporated.
– Pour the flour and stir to incorporate.
– Flour your working station and knead the dough few times until it smoothes out.
– Wrap into a sheet of plastic and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
– Once frozen, remove the dough from refrigerator and slice into 1½cm-thick portions. Then, place them on the sheets about at least 3cm apart so as to give air room to each cookie. If you want, you can roll the dough out and cut shapes.
– Bake in preheated oven, until lightly brown (about 15 minutes).
– Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down.
Tips for tasting butter cookies
These delectable butter cookies can be eaten plain, or sandwiched with chocolate or jam or lemon curd, or dipped half into chocolate or ice cream for the true gourmands. And of course, make the cup of hot coffee, chocolate or tea ready. And when it’s too hot, replace with fresh juice, you can only be delighted.
Made using an old recipe, they come in an attractive round metal box, perfectly preserving them for a long time (if there’s some left!). That’s another gift from Delices and Gourmandises’ online store.