Delices and Gourmandises : How to bake and serve coffee mini cakes
If you are fond of both coffee and chocolate in pastries, it doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can have both in these mini-cakes of Delices and Gourmandises that combine the great taste of coffee with chocolate chips! A true gourmet sin which you should never say no to!
Here’s the all-star, easy-to-follow recipe of coffee mini cakes
For 12 mini cakes, you will need :
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tsp instant coffee
- 2 tsp boiling water
- 150g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until the mixture is light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, one by one, mixing well between each addition and add to the butter mixture.
- Sift the flour and a pinch of salt into the bowl and add to the espresso.
- Dissolve the coffee in the boiling water, add to the mixture and mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture
- Add the chocolate chips.
- After lining fairy cake cases, spoon the dough into them.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your preheated oven for about 15 minutes until golden, well risen and a wooden skewer inserted into the middle of the cakes comes out clean. It’s better if you swap the trays after 12 mins.
- Leave the cakes to rest in the tin for 2 minutes then ease out onto a wire cooling rack and leave until cold.
Tips for tasting these amazing coffee mini cakes
Very moist and light, coffee mini cakes are wonderful with… coffee, for breakfast or later in the day, as these treats also go great for dessert and snack time. Serve warm or cool, you can of course accompany Delices and Gourmandises‘ coffee mini cakes with other beverages, like hot chocolate or tea.